About Perry Lakes Park
The Perry Lakes Park (Recreational Area) project is a restoration and expansion of a park constructed in 1935 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. Perry Lakes Park was closed in 1974 due to the theft of fish from the nearby State Hatchery.
The Park is located five miles east of Marion, near the State Fish Hatchery on State Hy 175.Perry Lakes Park is positioned between the Marion State Fish Hatchery and the Barton’s Beach Cahaba River Preserve. The Park area was leased (20 yrs. beginning in 1999) from the Ala Department o f Conservation.